RH442 Red Hat Enterprise Performance Tuning
Performance tuning and capacity planning for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Red Hat® Enterprise Performance Tuning teaches senior Linux® system administrators about performance tuning for Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
This course discusses system architecture with emphasis on:
- Understanding the implications on system performance
- Methods for testing the effects of performance adjustments
- Open source benchmarking utilities
- Methods for analyzing system and networking performance
- Tuning configurations for specific application loads
This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Performance Tuning exam (EX442).
Course content summary
- Tuning for use-case scenarios (for example, HPC, large memory, database, and file server)
- Applying tuning profiles with tuned
- Tuning virtual machines (primarily guest, but host is discussed)
- Tuning memory and caches
- Tuning CPU and memory utilization using cgroups (integrated in systemd)
- Gathering performance metrics and other data for tuning purposes
Audience and prerequisites
Audience for this course
- Senior Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resource utilization through performance tuning
Prerequisites for this course
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience
- Candidates who have not earned their RHCE can confirm they have the correct skills by passing our online skills assessment
Outline for this course
- Understand the basic principles of performance tuning and analysis.
- Gain proficiency using basic analysis tools and evaluating data.
- Learn basic tuning theory and mechanisms used to tune the system.
- Understand and analyze hardware.
- Analyze CPU and memory performance of applications.
- Tune a server for a workload involving frequent reads and writes of small files.
- Understand memory management and tuning.
- Understand tuning for CPU-bound applications.
- Understand storage and network tuning in the context of a file server application.
- Tune memory and network performance using a database application as an example.
- Tune systems with power consumption in mind.
- Tune 'host' and 'guest' for efficient virtualization.
Course Fee: Rs. 52,000*
* Service Tax Extra
* Group Discount Options Available
* Contact for regular offers and discounts on Training & Certification