RH403 Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration
Learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6
Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration is 4-day, lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems. Course participants will learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages.
Students will use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration, and learn how to provision hosts integrated with software and Puppet configuration management upon deployment. Students should have previous Red Hat Satellite experience, since the course will compare Red Hat Satellite 6 features and terminology with Red Hat Satellite 5.
NOTE: If you are looking for training on Red Hat Satellite 5, please see our Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management (RH401) course.
Course content summary
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server.
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles.
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implement Metal-as-a-Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of unprovisioned hosts.
Audience and prerequisites
Audience for this course
- Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
Prerequisites for this course
- RHCE certification or equivalent experience
- Red Hat Satellite 5 experience
Outline for this course
- Red Hat Satellite installation
- Red Hat Satellite organization
- Red Hat Satellite client registration
- Incorporate software management into software development life cycle
- Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
- Configuration management with Puppet
- Centralized management and deployment of system configurations
- Deploy hosts with Satellite server
- Configuration of Satellite server for enterprise system deployment