DO407 Automation with Ansible
Learn to write and manage Ansible playbooks and automate system administration tools
Automation with Ansible (DO407) is designed for system administrators who are intending to use Ansible for automation, configuration, and management. Learn how to install and configure Ansible, create and run playbooks to configure systems, and learn to manage inventories.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.
Through hands-on labs, students will learn to automate system administration tasks on managed hosts with Ansible, learn how to write Ansible playbooks to standardize task execution, centrally manage playbooks and schedule recurring execution through a web interface with Ansible Tower. Students will also learn to manage encryption for Ansible with Ansible Vault, deploy Ansible Tower and use it to manage systems, and use Ansible in a DevOps environment with Vagrant.
Course content summary
- Install and troubleshoot Ansible on central nodes and managed hosts
- Use Ansible to run ad-hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks
- Write effective Ansible playbooks
- Protect encrypted data needed for tasks with Ansible Vault
- Use Ansible Tower to more easily manage enterprise Ansible deployments
- Work with Ansible in conjunction with Vagrant in a DevOps environment
Audience and prerequisites
- System and cloud administrators who need to automate cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration, and other IT needs.
Prerequisites for this course
- Have basic Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration skills or have a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is recommended.
Outline for this course
- Introduce and review the course.
- Describe the terminology and architecture of Ansible.
- Install Ansible and run ad hoc commands.
- Write Ansible plays and execute a playbook.
- Describe variable scope and precedence, manage variables and facts in a play, and manage inclusions.
- Manage task control, handlers, and tags in Ansible playbooks.
- Implement a Jinja2 template.
- Create and manage roles.
- Configure connection types, delegations, and parallelism.
- Manage encryption with Ansible Vault.
- Troubleshoot the Ansible control machine and managed nodes.
- Implement Ansible Tower.
- Implement Ansible in a DevOps environment using Vagrant.
- Review tasks from the Automation with Ansible course.