DO290 OpenShift Enterprise Development
Learn to create, update, and maintain applications
OpenShift Enterprise Development (DO290) is part of a series of courses that focus on using OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat® to automate a portion of the software delivery pipeline. The course immerses the student in a DevOps environment through the use of agile software development methodology, test-driven development, continuous integration, and a standard operating environment through the use of Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Through hands-on labs, the student will implement user stories for an existing Java™ EE application and deploy the application to an OpenShift Enterprise instance. The student will learn how to create, update, and maintain applications using OpenShift Enterprise.
- Managing an application with Red Hat JBoss® Developer Studio
- Introduction to continuous integration (CI)
- Integrating CI into OpenShift Enterprise
- Implementing CI for the application
- Clustering the Bookstore application
- Remote debugging the Bookstore application
- Deploying custom containers
- Creating a custom template
Audience and prerequisites
This course is designed for application developers (not necessarily Java EE developers) interested in creating OpenShift Enterprise applications with automated unit/acceptance tests and deploying those applications using continuous integration to an OpenShift Enterprise instance.
Prerequisites for this course
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Java EE programming skills are helpful—we try to keep the programming tasks simple, like changing the color of an item on an HTML page—so general HTML skills common to many programming environments will suffice.
- Experience as a successful developer in one of the environments supported by OpenShift Enterprise—either Python, Ruby, or Java EE.
Outline for this course
- Introduce and review the course.
- Describe the developer's tools, agile practices, and deployment environment that will be utilized in this course.
- Become familiar with the course application architecture, features, and project layout.
- Describe the features and architecture of OpenShift Enterprise.
- Define, build, and deploy an application on OpenShift Enterprise.
- Establish continuous integration with Jenkins.
- Control and maintain applications using the OpenShift Enterprise command line interface.
- Create deployments that utilize clustering, load balancing, and customized node scheduling.
- Use debugging and logs to troubleshoot problems with application performance or deployment issues.
- Create custom source image containers, templates, and builders.
- Practice the skills learned in this course.
Course Fee: Rs. 33,000*
* Service Tax Extra
* Group Discount Options Available
* Contact for regular offers and discounts on Training & Certification