RH236 Red Hat Gluster Storage Administration
Deploy scalable, highly available storage on off-the-shelf hardware and in cloud environments
This course is for senior system and storage administrators who are interested in deploying scalable, highly available storage on off-the-shelf hardware and in cloud environments.
This course is based on Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.
Students will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat Storage servers. The course will also explore highly available common Internet file systems (CIFS) and network file systems (NFS) using Clustered Trivial DataBase (CTDB), unified file and object storage, and geo-replication. Finally, students will learn about the Hadoop plugin for Red Hat Storage, snapshots, and geo-replication.
This course can help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage Exam (EX236).
Course content summary
- Install and configure Red Hat Storage Server
- Create and manage different volume types
- Learn about IP failover for NFS and CIFS
- Explore georeplication
- Practice unified file and object storage using Swift
- Learn about snapshots
- Learn about the Hadoop plugin
Audience and prerequisites
- Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Storage
Prerequisites for this course
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or an equivalent level of knowledge is highly recommended
Outline for this course
- Understand Red Hat Storage server features and terminology.
- Gain familiarity with the classroom environment.
- Install Red Hat Storage Server.
- Build a Red Hat Storage server volume.
- Understand different volume types.
- Access data on Red Hat Storage server volumes from different client types.
- Implement quotas and Posix access control lists.
- Grow storage volumes online.
- Configure IP failover.
- Configure georeplication.
- Configure Swift object access.
- Perform basic troubleshooting tasks.
- Manage snapshots in Red Hat Storage.
- Learn about the Hadoop plugin configuration.