CL210 - Red Hat OpenStack Administration II
Install, configure, and maintain a cloud computing environment using Red Hat OpenStack Platform
This course teaches system administrators how to implement a cloud-computing environment using Red Hat® OpenStack® Platform, including installation, configuration, and maintenance.
This course can also help your prepare for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX210).
This course is based on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 (Liberty).
This course will also begin the transition from administering OpenStack using Horizon to using the unified command-line interface. Exam competencies covered in the course include: install and configure Red Hat OpenStack Platform (using OpenStack Director), manage users, projects, flavors, roles, images, networking, and block storage, automation (scale-out and scale-back), and build a customized image.
Course content summary
- Launch instances
- Manage core OpenStack services using the unified command-line interface
- Install an advanced proof-of-concept OpenStack deployment
- Build a customized JEOS image
- Automatically scale-out and scale-back applications
Audience and prerequisites
This course is designed for Linux system administrators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators.
Prerequisites for this course
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110) course or equivalent
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent knowledge and experience
Outline for this course
- Introduce and review the course.
- Install overcloud in an OpenStack deployment.
- Install, configure, and use the Keystone authentication services.
- Manage hardware profiles.
- Manage OpenStack networks.
- Manage floating IP addresses.
- Manage OpenStack security groups and security rules.
- Manage instances.
- Add additional compute nodes to OpenStack.
- Build and customize an operating system image.
- Deploy Red Hat OpenStack Platform director. (undercloud).
- Deploy stacks (applications) that provide scale out/scale back capabilities.
- Review Red Hat OpenStack Platform II.